- FIW Conferences.
- 13th FIW Research Conference.
- 12th FIW Research Conference.
- 11th FIW Research Conference.
- 10th FIW Research Conference.
- 9th FIW Research Conference.
- 8th FIW Research Conference.
- 7th FIW Research Conference.
- 6. FIW Research Conference.
- 5. FIW Research Conference.
- 4. FIW Research Conference.
- Production Networks.
- 3. FIW Research Conference.
- 2. FIW Research Conference.
- 1. FIW Research Conference.
- FIW Workshops .
- FIW Seminars.
- FIW Lectures.
- FIW Press Events.
- External Events.
The Research Centre International Economics FIW is a project of WIFO, wiiw and WSR on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs. The FIW cooperation with the Vienna University of Economics and Business, the University Vienna, the Johannes Kepler University Linz and the University of Innsbruck is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research.
- AW-Curriculum: Seminar Verteilungseffekte im Freihandel
- Call for Papers. 12th FIW Research Conference 'International Economics'
- SIE: Offshoring and Non-Monotonic Employment Effects across Industries in General Equilibrium
FIW – the Austrian Research Centre International Economics, in co-operation with the Slovenian Institute for Economic Research IER, invites the submission of papers to be presented at the 3rd annual FIW Research Conference on International Economics.
The main objective of the conference is to provide a platform for economists working in the field of International Economics in Austria and its neighbouring countries to present recent research.
Papers from Ph.D. students, post-graduate students, young faculty members and young researchers in similar positions are particularly welcome as the conference aims to support and encourage young economists by providing an opportunity to present their work. Participants will have the opportunity to interact in a dynamic and open atmosphere and to discuss their papers/research ideas with experts in the field of ‘International Economics’.
TIME & LOCATION
The FIW Research Conference on International Economics will take place on Friday, December 11th, 2009 at the Vienna University of Economics and Business, UZA 4, Meeting Room 1 (D 706), Nordbergstraße 15, 1090 Vienna.
Registration is necessary in order to attend the conference. Please register using our online registration form.
The conference programme and the papers can be found here:Programme
Furthermore, one can downloaded the programme as PDF file: Download programme
Two prizes for the best contributions to the Research Conference will be awarded. There will be a ‘Best Conference Paper Award 09’ and a ‘Young Economist Award 09’. Each award is worth € 750.
The ‘Young Economist Award 09’ is intended for Ph.D. students, post-graduate students, young faculty members and young researchers in similar positions. To be considered for this award all authors of the paper have to be 35 or younger at the time of submission.
The broad topic of the conference is ‘International Economics’. This includes, inter alia, the areas of Trade, International Factor Movements, Economic Integration, Trade Policy, International Trade Organizations, Economic Growth of Open Economies, Multinational Firms, International Macroeconomics and other related fields.
- FIW (Forschungsschwerpunkt Internationale Wirtschaft) – Research Centre International Economics
- IER – Institute of Economic Research
Attendance of the FIW Research Conference is free.
The conference language is English.
Travel expenses will not be refunded.