- FIW Conferences.
- 13th FIW Research Conference.
- 12th FIW Research Conference.
- 11th FIW Research Conference.
- 10th FIW Research Conference.
- 9th FIW Research Conference.
- 8th FIW Research Conference.
- 7th FIW Research Conference.
- 6. FIW Research Conference.
- 5. FIW Research Conference.
- 4. FIW Research Conference.
- Production Networks.
- 3. FIW Research Conference.
- 2. FIW Research Conference.
- 1. FIW Research Conference.
- FIW Workshops .
- FIW Seminars.
- FIW Lectures.
- FIW Press Events.
- External Events.
The Research Centre International Economics FIW is a project of WIFO, wiiw and WSR on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs. The FIW cooperation with the Vienna University of Economics and Business, the University Vienna, the Johannes Kepler University Linz and the University of Innsbruck is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research.
Upcoming Seminars in International Economics (Online Events)
- 08-04-2021: Patent Boxes and the Success Rate of Patent Applications
- 29-04-2021: Border Policies and Unauthorized Flows: Evidence from the Refugee Crisis in Europe
FIW – the Austrian Research Centre International Economics invites the submission of papers to be presented at the 4th annual FIW Research Conference on International Economics. The main objective of the conference is to provide a platform for economists working in the field of International Economics in Austria and its neighbouring countries to present recent research.
Papers from Ph.D. students, post-graduate students, young faculty members and young researchers in similar positions are particularly welcome as the conference aims to support and encourage young economists by providing an opportunity to present their work. Participants will have the opportunity to interact in a dynamic and open atmosphere and to discuss their papers/research ideas with experts in the field of ‘International Economics’.
TIME & LOCATION
The FIW Research Conference on International Economics will take place on Friday, December 10th, 2010 at the Vienna University of Economics and Business, UZA 4, Meeting Room 1 (D 706), Nordbergstraße 15, 1090 Vienna.
Two prizes for the best contributions to the Research Conference will be awarded. There will be a ‘Best Conference Paper Award 10’ and a ‘Young Economist Award 10’. Each award is worth € 750.
The ‘Young Economist Award 10’ is intended for Ph.D. students, post-graduate students, young faculty members and young researchers in similar positions. To be considered for this award all authors of the paper have to be 34 or younger at the time of submission.
The broad topic of the conference is ‘International Economics’. This includes, inter alia, the areas of Trade, International Factor Movements, Economic Integration, Trade Policy, International Trade Organizations, Economic Growth of Open Economies, Multinational Firms, International Macroeconomics and other related fields.
- FIW (Forschungsschwerpunkt Internationale Wirtschaft) – Research Centre International Economics
- The topic of the paper should match the thematic orientation of International Economics (JEL Codes F and/or O).
- The paper has not yet been published in any academic journal or book.
- All submissions must include the following:
- Mailing address and e-mail contact addresses (e-mail will be used for follow-up requests and questions)
- A cover sheet clearly specifying the title, author(s) and abstract
- To be considered for the ‘Young Economist Award 10’ the age of the author(s) must be indicated.
- Deadline for Submission: October 13th, 2010
- Papers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in electronic form (PDF format)
Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
The conference programme will be published on fiw.ac.at.
Selection decisions will be communicated to the authors by mid of November 2010.
Attendance of the FIW Research Conference is free.
The conference language is English.
Travel expenses will not be refunded.