- FIW Conferences.
- 13th FIW Research Conference.
- 12th FIW Research Conference.
- 11th FIW Research Conference.
- 10th FIW Research Conference.
- 9th FIW Research Conference.
- 8th FIW Research Conference.
- 7th FIW Research Conference.
- 6. FIW Research Conference.
- 5. FIW Research Conference.
- 4. FIW Research Conference.
- Production Networks.
- 3. FIW Research Conference.
- 2. FIW Research Conference.
- 1. FIW Research Conference.
- FIW Workshops .
- FIW Seminars.
- FIW Lectures.
- FIW Press Events.
- External Events.
The FIW - Research Centre International Economics (https://www.fiw.ac.at/) is a cooperation between the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), the University Vienna, the Johannes Kepler University Linz and the University of Innsbruck, WIFO, wiiw and WSR. FIW is supported by the Federal Ministries BMBFW and BMDW.
8th FIW Research Conference ‘International Economics’
December 3-4, 2015 - WIFO (Austrian Institute of Economic Research)
Venue: WIFO (Austrian Institute of Economic Research), Arsenal, Object 20, 1030 Vienna
Contact: FIW Project Office (fiw-pb(at)fiw.at)
Keynote Lecture: Prof. Dr. Franz Hubert (Humboldt-Unviversity Berlin)
The FIW is glad to invite you, also on behalf of all cooperation-partners, to the 8th FIW Research Conference ‘International Economics’ taking place on December 3-4 at the Austrian Institute of Economic Research.
Besides the presentation of current research in the field of ‚International Economics‘ we would like to announce the following ‚highlights‘:
· December 3, 4:30 p.m.: Keynote Lecture by Prof. Franz Hubert (Humboldt Universität zu Berlin): Gas-Pipelines & Power
Prizes for the best contributions to the Research Conference have been awarded.
Harald Fadinger et.al. received the ‘Best Conference Paper Award 15’ for the submission "Offshoring and Skill-upgrading in French Manufacturing: A Heckscher-Ohlin-Melitz View".
‘Young Economist Award 15’ has been shared between
Julian Hinz for "The view from space: Theory-based time-varying distances in the gravity model" and
Johannes Boehm for "The impact of Contract Enforcement Costs of Outsourcing and Aggregate Productivity".
Both Awards are worth in total 1.000 €. The prize money of the ‘Young Economist Award 15’ has been equally divided between the two Award Winners.
The ‘Young Economist Award 15’ is intended for Ph.D. students, post-graduate students, young faculty members and young researchers in similar positions. To be considered for this award all authors of the paper have to be 34 or younger at the time of submission.
TIME & LOCATION
The 8th FIW Research Conference on ‘International Economics’ took place on Thursday, December 3, 2015 and Friday, December 4, 2015, at the WIFO (Austrian Institute of Economic Research), Arsenal, Object 20, 1030 Vienna. A map of the conference venue is now availabe as pdf-file.
We are pleased to announce the fileadmin/Documents/Veranstaltungen/Forschungskonferenz/8._FOKO/8th_FIW_Research_Conference_Programme_final.pdfConference Programme, which is now available as PDF-file. .
The broad topic of the conference is ‘International Economics’. This includes, inter alia, the areas of Trade, International Factor Movements, Economic Integration, Trade Policy, International Trade Organizations, Economic Growth of Open Economies, Multinational Firms, International Macroeconomics and other related fields.
The conference aims to support and encourage young economists by providing an opportunity to present their work. Participants will have the opportunity to interact in a dynamic and open atmosphere and to discuss their papers/research ideas with experts in the field of ‘International Economics’.
The 8th FIW-Research Conference is jointly organized by the FIW-Project, Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS) Regensburg, the Ifo Institute, the University of Ljubljana and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA KRTK) and held in cooperation with the Federation of Austrian Industries (IV).
The ‘center of excellence’ FIW (http://www.fiw.ac.at/) is a project of WIFO, wiiw and WSR on behalf of the BMWFW. The FIW cooperation with the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), the University Vienna and the Johannes Kepler University Linz is supported by the former Federal Ministry of Science and Research (now integrated in the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy). In addition the Federation of Austrian Industries (IV) is a financing partner of the Research conference 2015.
- The topic of the paper should match the thematic orientation of International Economics (JEL Codes F and/or O).
- The paper has not yet been published in any academic journal or book.
- All submissions must include the following:
- A cover sheet clearly specifying the title, author(s) and abstract
- Mailing address and e-mail contact addresses (e-mail will be used for follow-up requests and questions)
- To be considered for the ‘Young Economist Award 15’ the age of the author(s) must be indicated.
- Deadline for Submission: September 30, 2015
- Papers should be sent to email@example.com in electronic form (PDF format
Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection decisions will be communicated to the authors until the End of October 2015.
Attendance of the FIW Research Conference is free.
The conference language is English.
Travel expenses will not be refunded.