- FIW Conferences.
- FIW Workshops .
- 27th FIW Workshop on International Economic Networks.
- 26th FIW Workshop on International Economic Networks.
- 22. FIW Workshop "International Trade 200 years after Ricardo".
- 21. FIW Workshop "From Tariffs to Standards. Assessing the role of Non-Tariff Measures".
- 20. International Economics.
- 19. Trade, Migration and Labor Market Outcomes.
- 18. Political Economy of Trade Poliy.
- 17. Lessons from the Financial Crisis.
- 16. An Industrial Renaissance in Europe.
- 15. Trade & Productivity.
- 14. Rebalancing the Global Economy.
- 13. Global Trade and Growth.
- 12. Research Agenda.
- 11. FIW-Research Reports.
- 10. New Protectionism.
- 9. Access to Microdata.
- 8. New New Trade Theory.
- 7. FDI II.
- 6. Services.
- 5. Research Agenda.
- 4. FDI.
- 3. Migration.
- 2. Trade Agreements.
- 1. EU-Enlargment.
- FIW Seminars.
- FIW Lectures.
- FIW Press Events.
- External Events.
The Research Centre International Economics FIW is a project of WIFO, wiiw and WSR on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs. The FIW cooperation with the Vienna University of Economics and Business, the University Vienna, the Johannes Kepler University Linz and the University of Innsbruck is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research.
Upcoming Seminars in International Economics (Online Events)
- 08-04-2021: Patent Boxes and the Success Rate of Patent Applications
- 29-04-2021: Border Policies and Unauthorized Flows: Evidence from the Refugee Crisis in Europe
FIW-Workshop "Political Economy of Trade Policy"
Tuesday, September 22, 2015,11:00 a.m.
The Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW), Sitzungssaal II (“Gobelinsaal”), Stubenring 1, 1011 Vienna
Political Economy of Trade Policy
The goal of this one-day workshop is to bring the scientific community on trade and political economy together with policy-makers on current trade negotiations, especially TTIP. The first part, the scientific workshop, will consist of research presentations in a seminar format on the political economy of trade deals. The second part, opening the audience to the wider public, will contain a keynote followed by a panel discussion on the politics and strategic implications of the current trade negotiations. We believe that this is the ideal format to reach both a wide audience, and an expert group in Austria, one of the key countries for the TTIP negotiations.
The programme can be found here.
Workshop convenor: Michael Landesmann (The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw and Johannes Kepler University, Linz) in collaboration with Christian Odendahl and Rem Korteweg (Centre for European Reform, London)
The workshop is organised by The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw) in cooperation with the Johannes Kepler University within the Research Center International Economics (FIW: http://www.fiw.ac.at/). The FIW is a project of the The Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW). It is a collaboration of WIFO, wiiw, WSR and Vienna University of Economics and Business, University of Vienna and Johannes Kepler University Linz.
(Papers and Powerpoint presentations, as far as available, will be posted on our homepage after the workshop.)