- FIW Conferences.
- FIW Workshops .
- 33th FIW-Workshop on Regional Economics.
- 32th FIW-Workshop 'Gravity at Sixty'.
- 31st FIW-Workshop 'Firms and Workers in the Global Economy'.
- 30th FIW Workshop "W.I.E.N".
- 29. FIW Workshop "Women in International Economics".
- 28th FIW Workshop on International Economic Networks.
- 27th FIW Workshop on International Economic Networks.
- 26th FIW Workshop on International Economic Networks.
- 22. FIW Workshop "International Trade 200 years after Ricardo".
- 21. FIW Workshop "From Tariffs to Standards. Assessing the role of Non-Tariff Measures".
- 20. International Economics.
- 19. Trade, Migration and Labor Market Outcomes.
- 18. Political Economy of Trade Poliy.
- 17. Lessons from the Financial Crisis.
- 16. An Industrial Renaissance in Europe.
- 15. Trade & Productivity.
- 14. Rebalancing the Global Economy.
- 13. Global Trade and Growth.
- 12. Research Agenda.
- 11. FIW-Research Reports.
- 10. New Protectionism.
- 9. Access to Microdata.
- 8. New New Trade Theory.
- 7. FDI II.
- 6. Services.
- 5. Research Agenda.
- 4. FDI.
- 3. Migration.
- 2. Trade Agreements.
- 1. EU-Enlargment.
- FIW Seminars.
- FIW Lectures.
- External Events.
The FIW - Research Centre International Economics (https://www.fiw.ac.at/) is a cooperation between the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), the University Vienna, the Johannes Kepler University Linz, the University of Innsbruck, WIFO, wiiw and WSR. FIW is supported by the Austrian Federal Ministries of Education, Research and Science (BMBFW) and of Labour and Economy (BMAW).
November 15th, 2007
14:00 - 18:30
Federal Ministry of Economics and Labour (BMWA),
Stubenring 1, Vienna
5th Floor, Press Centre
In the first part of the workshop recent research results by prominent migration experts were presented. A panel, discussing policy designs regarding the lifting of restrictions to labour mobility in the European Union, followed in the second part.
14:00: Registration and Coffee
14:15: Welcome Speech (Dr. Manfred Schekulin) and Introduction (Prof. Michael Landesmann)
14:30: Dr. Herbert Brücker (Head, Department of International Comparisons and European Integration, Institute for Employment Research (IAB)):
"Migration and the Wage Curve: A Novel Approach to Measure the Wage and Employment Effects of Migration."
15:10: Prof. Dr. Alessandra Venturini (Professor of Political Economy at the Law Faculty of the University of Torino):
"Circular Migration as an employment strategy for MENA countries"
15:50: Coffee Break
16:00: Prof. Dr. Rainer Münz (Head of the Research Department/ Erste Bank, Senior Fellow/ HWWI):
"Migration, Labor Markets and the Economic Integration of Migrants in Western Europe"
16:40: Cold Buffet
17:00: Policy Panel:
"Phasing out restrictions to the free movement of labour in the Enlarged European Union"
Dr. Herbert Brücker
Dr. Helmut Hofer (Labour Market Policy, Institute for Advanced Studies)
Prof. Dr. Rainer Münz
MR Dr. Ingrid Nowotny (Foreign Employment, Migration, Section Labour Market, Austrian Ministry of Economics and Labour)
Prof. Alessandra Venturini
Moderation: Prof. Michael Landesmann (Scientific Director, Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw), Professor of Econonomics Johannes Kepler University Linz)
18:30: End of the Workshop
The Workshop will be held in English
Welcoming words from MR Dr. Manfred Schekulin/BMWA (middle) introduction from Prof. Michael Landesmann/wiiw (second from left).
The first two presentators, Dr. Herbert Brücker/IAB an Prof. Alessandra Venturini/Law Faculty Torino.