The Research Centre International Economics FIW is a project of WIFO, wiiw and WSR on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs. The FIW cooperation with the Vienna University of Economics and Business, the University Vienna, the Johannes Kepler University Linz and the University of Innsbruck is supported by the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research.
Upcoming Seminars in International Economics (Online Events)
- 08-04-2021: Patent Boxes and the Success Rate of Patent Applications
- 29-04-2021: Border Policies and Unauthorized Flows: Evidence from the Refugee Crisis in Europe
FIW is supported by the Federal Ministries BMBFW and BMDW.
BMBWF - Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research.
The Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF) creates the best possible environment for schools, universities and research institutions, and represents the interests of Austria as a location for science, research and business on the international stage. The Ministry’s tasks are performed by the individual Directorates-General focusing on the following areas:
- Science and higher education institutions
BMDW - Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs
The Federal Minister for Digital and Economic Affairs is Margarete Schramböck.
The goal of the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs is to further enhance the positive development of the Austrian business location, to actively take advantage of the opportunities offered by the digitalisation of business and society and to strengthen entrepreneurship. The tasks of the Ministry are performed by various Directorates General with differing priorities.
- Digitalisation and e-Government
- Economic Affairs, Innovation and International Policy
- European Union and International Market Strategies
- National Market Strategies
- Cultural Heritage